Dear Friends, Residents and Constituents of Meriden,
Watford is dear to my heart. I lived in the neighbouring Tudor Ward for over 18 years and it continues to be where my extended family and friends live. Watford has been where we bring up our son and where my family & I actively spend time in our wonderful parks, support local businesses, and where the people I work, laugh and spend time with live.
As a town within easy access to London, the north and the west, with a proud history of industry and a fast-growing cosmopolitan population, Watford has the potential to be a great town!
However, instead of enabling a flourishing local economy, and a sustainably developing community that is eco-friendly as well as promoting well-being, our local government is contributing to:
- Unsustainable over development of housing with high rise buildings and insufficient car parking
- Underdeveloped infrastructure and public amenities
- Rising costs in Council Tax
- Reduced frequency in waste bin collection
- Lack of sufficient support for small business that create local jobs in our parades and high streets
- Lavish spending on vanity projects such as the Beryl bikes and mismanagement of cosmetic redesigning of the High Street Pond
- Lack of effective locally driven initiatives to combat crime
- Reduced greenery and lack of eco-friendly development
As Benjamin Disraeli once said “No government can be long secure without a formidable Opposition”
An unopposed Watford Lib Dem-run local council is neither secure, nor can it offer sensible and sustainable governance for growth, prosperity and well-being.
Our locally elected officials have failed us…..
Our growth, security and well-being are in jeopardy…..
As a resident and stake holder in the growth of my home town Watford, I am eager to be actively involved in serving our local community and represent you as your local Councillor.
I believe with strong representation and a voice to question the current Lib Dem-run local council policies, proposed projects and expenditures, I can help bring to our government:
- Direction toward public well-being
With me as your local representative, I will:
1. Bring focus back to basics and work hard to:
- Establish better local community support programmes
- Decrease Council Tax sustainably
- Improve street lighting
- Improve waste management
- Cut spending on vanity projects that have a low or insignificant return over investment
- More green trees and a greener Meriden and Watford
- Cleaner and safer local community for better well-being
2. Help direct development that is sustainable, challenge our local government’s policies that results in projects such as the eleven high-rise buildings now planned on St Albans Road without adequate infrastructure to support its growth resulting in a rapid increase in population affecting:
- Spaces in local schools for children, compromising quality of education
- Ability of local GPs to provide much needed quality health care
- Car parking needs for families moving into new developments
- Traffic, Noise and Carbon pollution
3. Work collaboratively with our local government and help support small businesses recover from the pandemic and improve local job opportunities by:
- Surveying the needs of our local businesses
- Supporting local networks
- Encourage and support our local government to better work with chambers of commerce
- Helping establish and improve Business Improvement Districts within our locality
- Help with lower rent for council owned and rented premises
- Plan strategic rental forgiveness to small business who have been significantly affected by the pandemic
I would like to work with each and every one of our local residents towards our common goals, towards the betterment of Meriden and Watford.
So please may I ask for your support with the following:
- Help spread this important message to everyone around you
- Share this page with ALL of your social media followers
- Contact me with your email to enable me to keep you informed of local developments
- Volunteer for change, when and where you can
- Get involved in our movement to change and improve Meriden and Watford
I am confident that with your help and us working together as a team, we can find the right solutions to our local challenges.
With your help and support, it will be my honour and privilege to serve and represent you in our local government as Your Councillor for:
- Meriden Ward
I am here to serve you and our community and help shape the growth and prosperity of Meriden and Watford.