William is a lifelong Oxhey resident, living on Cross Road. He joined the Conservative Party after becoming frustrated with the complacency of the Liberal Democrats locally.
William is a volunteer with the Royal National Lifeboat Institution, and has volunteered and fundraised for a number of other causes. He is a campaigner for green spaces, and is fighting to preserve our green belt and Oxhey's village character.
In his day job, William solves problems for a Member of Parliament, working with constituents to help them with casework to improve their everyday lives.
William says, "It's fundamentally important that this welcoming and unique area has a strong local voice standing up for residents interests in the face of what is often consensus without proper debate at the local council. I hope I will be able to provide local people with that opportunity."
You can contact William at email@example.com
My plan for Oxhey is to:
- Reduce Watford's Council Tax - which is by far the highest in Hertfordshire, and is almost 50% higher than the average imposed by Hertfordshire's Conservative councils. I live on Cross Road, part of which is in Conservative-run Hertsmere, and its Council Tax is much lower and services much better!
- Stop 268 houses being built next to Watford Heath - Lib Dem-run Three Rivers Council has proposed allowed 268 houses to be built adjacent to Watford Heath. As they are also Lib Dems, your councillors and Mayor have maintained a conspiracy of silence on this, meaning your voice isn't heard.
- Stand up for commuters - I will work with our MP Dean Russell to convene TfL and London North Western and demand an end to the delays and cancellations that blight our vital commuter service.
- Stop high-rises in Watford - Watford Lib Dems passed a Local Plan that allows further high-rises across our town. This is despite the Government repeatedly telling the council that it was not obliged to, and the scrapping of housing targets in December. I will oppose high-rises and ensure developments have appropriate infrastructure.
- Oppose ULEZ expansion - From August, many Oxhey residents are due to be clobbered by £12.50 to drive into Greater London - including as nearby as Hatch End. Lib Dems and Labour voted for it, but Conservatives voted against it. Conservative councillors will add their voices to Conservative councils both inside and outside London who have challenged it formally and legally.
- More electric vehicle charge points - Oxhey has almost no electric car charge points, meaning residents who don't have driveways or garages - like most of Oxhey Village - can't get electric cars. The Government provides 60% of the funding for charge points, and I will make sure we submit an ambitious bid for as many as possible.
- Scrap the Lib Dems' Garden Tax - Watford charges residents £50 to collect garden waste, imposing a further stealth tax on Oxhey residents. I will scrap it and make it free, as in Bushey in Hertsmere.
- Tackle endless roadworks - I will press to introduce a scheme, as in councils like Buckinghamshire, to coordinate and speed up roadworks, to end the constant works that bring our roads to a halt.