Watford MP Richard Harrington is once again running his Work Experience Programme, giving young people the chance to gain skills and experience in an exciting political environment. All of our programmes come with a certificate of participation signed by the Watford Campaign Manager & Richard Harrington (Another string to your bow when applying to University).
- Working in teams on a variety of campaigning and political challenges
- Gaining real understanding of local and national politics
- Winning great prizes for individuals and teams
- Gaining useful skills and experience in writing, design and data management
We have 4 different options available for students which are as follows:
Weekly Work Experience
After-school and weekend placements ranging from 2 weeks to 2 months. These ongoing work placements are designed to fit around the students’ academic schedule, offering more flexibility than the annual summer programme.
Students are welcome to join the programme during the Easter Holidays. We aim to be as flexible as possible to allow students to manage their homework and revision alongside any days they join the team in Watford.
Extended Summer Holiday
The most comprehensive of our programmes, students will get the chance to experience life in a political office for the full duration of their summer break.
- 30 March 2018 – 13 April 2018
- 30 July 2018 – 31 August 2018
- 23 October 2017 – 27 October 2017
University Students can also apply to complete their full placement year with us.
If you are interested and would like to know more about the Richards Work Experience Program, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or phone us on 01923 218 804.