Dean Russell MP is the hardworking Member of Parliament for Watford. Dean has worked tirelessly since his election in 2019 and delivered results for our town. He has completed over 20,000 cases since 2020 and has been delivering on Watford's priorities. Amongst many achievements, Dean has been delivering on the following initiatives:
- Campaigning for Watford General Funding: Dean has worked non-stop with Government to secure funding for Watford General to ensure we have the best possible healthcare for local residents.
- Ending rough sleeping in Watford: Dean helped secure funding to support local homelessness charities and local government. There have been almost zero people rough sleeping since 2020 in Watford.
- Keeping Watford safe: Working with the Police and Crime Commission, Dean has secured a new Watford Police Station due to be launched in 2023
- Championing mental health and wellbeing: Along with Dean's initiative to train people across Watford in mental health first aid awareness he has also been working to change the law to make mental health first aid mandatory in the workplace.
- Protecting Watford's nighttime economy: Dean successfully campaigned to keep Pryzm nightclub open and ensure Watford's nighttime economy was protected.
- Standing up for hospitality workers: Dean has been campaigning to change the law with his Tips Bill to ensure businesses have to give 100% Tips to staff. If successful, his Tips Bill, working with Virginia Crosbie MP, will become law by 2024.
- Fixing the Woodmere Avenue Width Restriction: After a decade of inaction by Liberal Democrat councillors, Dean raised the need to fix the infamous width restriction in Parliament with the width restriction finally upgraded in 2022. Dean is still working to ensure ANPR can be installed.
- Ending Epilepsy Trolling: Dean led a campaign with Suzanne Webb MP to change the law to protect people with epilepsy from online trolls who would send flashing images to trigger seizures. Dean successfully campaigned for a law change called Zach's Law which gained government backing for the online safety bill.
- And much more...
To follow Dean's hard work for Watford and to sign-up to his newsletter, please use the links below:
Telephone: 01923 296 790