Carly is a long-term Watford resident, and a former teacher.
She has been campaigning for Tudor ward for years, equal parts angered by inaction by the Lib Dem councillors and inspired by residents to do something about it.
Carly worked with residents to lead the campaign to fix the Woodmere Avenue width restriction, which caused hell in our local community.
When she isn't working for the community, Carly is an active member of a local bowls club.
Carly can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
My plan for Tudor is to:
- Reduce Watford's Council Tax - which is by far the highest in Hertfordshire, and is almost 50% higher than the average imposed by Hertfordshire's Conservative councils. Just across the River Colne from Tudor ward is Bushey in Conservative-run Hertsmere, and residents there pay much less and get much better services!
- Finish the fix to the Woodmere Avenue width restriction - I'm proud that our campaign to fix the width restriction has succeeded after our campaigning - and after a decade of dithering by the Lib Dems. I'll complete it by installing an Automated Number Plate Recognition system, as our MP Dean Russell has pushed for in Parliament.
- Tackle speeding on Bushey Mill Lane - Speeding on Bushey Mill Lane is a real problem, but no action has been taken by the Lib Dem council or Lib Dem county councillors. I will tackle it to make our community's roads safer, just as I did with the Woodmere Avenue width restriction.
- Stop high-rises in Watford - Watford Lib Dems passed a Local Plan that allows further high-rises across our town. This is despite the Government repeatedly telling the council that it was not obliged to, and the scrapping of housing targets in December. I will oppose high-rises and ensure developments have appropriate infrastructure.
- Zero tolerance to littering and anti-social behaviour - While serious crime is the responsibility of Herts Police, which have put record numbers on our streets, it's the job of the council to stop anti-social behaviour and littering. I will take a no-nonsense, zero-tolerance approach, and ensure pride is restored to our area.
- Oppose ULEZ expansion - From August, many local residents are due to be clobbered by £12.50 to drive into Greater London - including as nearby as Hatch End. Lib Dems and Labour voted for it, but Conservatives voted against it. Conservative councillors will add their voices to Conservative councils both inside and outside London who have challenged it formally and legally.
- Scrap the Lib Dems' Garden Tax - Watford charges residents £50 to collect garden waste, imposing a further stealth tax on Tudor residents. I will scrap it and make it free, as in Bushey in Conservative-run Hertsmere.
- Tackle endless roadworks - I will press to introduce a scheme, as in councils like Buckinghamshire, to coordinate and speed up roadworks, to end the constant works that bring our roads to a halt.