Peter was born and raised in Watford, and has lived in Stanborough in West Garston for over 30 years.
After graduating from King’s College London, he worked in sustainable construction at the Building Research Establishment (BRE) on Bucknalls Lane, and then for over 10 years as a human rights campaigner. He is now the newly appointed director of a charity.
Peter serves as Chair of the Board of Governors of Kingswood Nursery School. Peter is a keen supporter of Watford F.C. and Saracens F.C.
He can be contacted at email@example.com
My plan for Stanborough is to:
- Reduce Watford's Council Tax - which is by far the highest in Hertfordshire, and is almost 50% higher than the average imposed by Hertfordshire's Conservative councils.
- Stop high-rises in Watford - Watford Lib Dems passed a Local Plan that allows further high-rises across our town. This is despite the Government repeatedly telling the council that it was not obliged to, and the scrapping of housing targets in December. I will oppose high-rises and ensure all development has appropriate infrastructure.
- Zero tolerance to littering and anti-social behaviour - While serious crime is the responsibility of Herts Police, which have put record numbers on our streets, it's the job of the council to stop anti-social behaviour and littering. I will take a no-nonsense, zero-tolerance approach, and ensure pride is restored to our area.
- Back local businesses - I will restore Watford market to a central place in the life of a lively town centre, and work to offer better parking for customers at our parade shops.
- Oppose ULEZ expansion - From August, many local residents are due to be clobbered by £12.50 to drive into Greater London - including as nearby as Hatch End. Lib Dems and Labour voted for it, but Conservatives voted against it. Conservative councillors will add their voices to Conservative councils both inside and outside London who have challenged it formally and legally.
- Scrap the Lib Dems' Garden Tax - Watford charges residents £50 to collect garden waste, imposing a further stealth tax on many Garston residents. I will scrap it and make it free, as in Bushey in Conservative-run Hertsmere.
- Tackle endless roadworks - I will press to introduce a scheme, as in councils like Buckinghamshire, to coordinate and speed up roadworks, to end the constant works that bring our roads to a halt.